Your Description and title are your advertisement for the item you’re selling, use this wisely because its an opportunity to inform and excite buyers. A good title and description provide a clear picture of your item and increase your chances of your item been found.
Writing your title
Make a clear, compelling first impression by writing a great title for your item.
Here are some elements of an effective title:
- Use descriptive keywords to clearly and accurately describe what you are selling.
- Include the item's brand name, artist, or designer.
- Include item-specifics. For example, include size, colour and condition.
- State exactly what your item is, even if your title repeats the category name.
- Use correct spelling.
- Don't worry about creating a grammatically correct sentence.
- Don't use all caps.
Things to avoid
Follow these guidelines when writing your title:
- Don't include false or misleading information.
- Don't include website addresses, email addresses, or phone numbers.
- Don't use profane or obscene language.
- Don't include brand names other than the specific brand name used by the company that manufactured or produced the item you're listing.