When you sell an item on MOM, the transaction is processed through our payment partners, PayPal.
How do I set up my PayPal?
In order to be able to sell on MOM, you need to follow two simple steps:
- Open a PayPal account
- Connect a PayPal account to MOM
Opening a PayPal account is free and easy. Just visit PayPal’s website to know how to do it.
You will be asked to enter your personal details and to confirm your email address. PayPal stores your details securely so there is no need to worry. Once you've confirmed your email address, your account is open.
Verify your PayPal account
PayPal verification is just about providing a little more information about yourself to help confirm your identity. The steps you'll need to take are:
- Log into your PayPal account on a computer
- Under your name on the top left of the page click ‘Get the most out of your
- Check and complete the steps for verification
You’ll know that your PayPal account has been verified as you’ll see 5 GREEN circles with a TICK in your PayPal dashboard confirming:
- Your email address is valid (don’t forget to check your spam folder)
- Your bank account has been added to your PayPal account. You cannot verify your account without adding your bank account
- Your mobile number has been added
- Your credit or debit card has been added to your PayPal account
How do I verify my PayPal account?
- Log in to your PayPal account online (We recommend using the desktop version). Once you have entered the Summary page, click the ‘get the most out of PayPal’ button to view any incomplete details needed to verify your account
- Please ensure that the correct bank account, card details, mobile number and email address have all been added and you can now see all 5 boxes ticked in the drop down tab
- Once complete, you will receive an email confirming your verification and you are now ready to sell!
By taking the steps to provide PayPal additional evidence of your identity, you will be provided with additional protection when buying and selling.