First time seller Problem solving
Congratulations you’ve sold your first item on Market of Mums!
Now just a few simple tips before you send your item off to your buyer:
Verify your PayPal account.
As you’re a new seller, your PayPal account may need verifying to receive payments for your sold items. If your account hasn’t been fully set up this will prevent you receiving payment until you do so and this means it can go into a pending state.
You can find out how complete verification below and you can start receiving payments after you confirm the email address on your PayPal account.
Here’s how to confirm your email address in Paypal:
- Click Settings (the gear icon) near the top right corner of the page.
- Click on the email address you want to confirm under "Email address".
- Click Confirm this email address and we’ll send you an email with a confirmation link.
- Click the link in the email to complete the confirmation process.
Please note that on the first time you receive payments with PayPal, you will be requested to accept the payment manually by logging in your PayPal account and clicking the Accept button.
The payments you received will be available in your PayPal balance. You need to add a bank account to your PayPal account for future withdrawals.
Here’s how to add a bank account:
- Click Wallet near the top of the page.
- Click Link a bank account.
- Enter the requested information and then click Agree and Link.
- Please ensure that the name on your bank account matches the name on your PayPal account.
- If your PayPal account is not verified, there is a monthly withdrawal limit on your PayPal account.
Before you ship, make sure your payment has completed.
You should only ship your item once your payment has fully completed and funds are accessible in your PayPal account, so please check before you ship.
Please note: shipping your item(s) before the funds have cleared will void your Seller Protection, so make sure the payment is under your 'completed' transactions rather than 'pending'
Send your items with tracked shipping.
You're all sorted and you've got your money, next thing is shipping it out. Always make sure that you send your items with tracked shipping so that you’re covered if anything should go wrong.